Do you feel incomplete in the morning without a cup of steaming hot coffee? You’re not alone on that. Many of us rely on that ideal cup of coffee to get us through the day. But, then again, you may not just go to a café first thing in the morning for a cappuccino, latte, or espresso. So, how would you rescue the day? This is when a coffee maker comes in handy.
You can now easily make your favorite café-style coffee at home in minutes with a compact coffee maker. You may modify the taste, sweetness, strength, cream or milk ratio to your liking. It is also simple to use and maintain. If you’re searching for the best coffee maker for your needs, you’ve come to the correct spot. Finding the best coffee maker in India 2022 has never been simple.
Top 9 Best Coffee Makers In India
We’ve reviewed the top 9 coffee makers from various manufacturers’ models on this page. Only the best Coffee Makers in India were chosen based on user feedback from several online shopping sites.
The Cafe JEI French Press Coffee and Tea Maker is a manual coffee maker that can also prepare make-your-own coffee and tea. This is an excellent buy for people who cannot start their day without a fresh cup of coffee.
- 4 Degree Filtration System – 2 screen filters, 1 plunger and 1 top lid strainer
- Made of high-grade steel
- Made of heat resistant borosilicate glass
- It has a sturdy non-slip handle
- It comes with a measuring spoon
|Package Type||Standard Packaging|
- Durable; Trusted brand with high-quality material
- BPA Free
- Because of the excellent glass and steel, it’s quick to clean.
- Portable and no need for electricity
- You can make 2 big cups or 6 small espresso cups in a single operation!
- With warranty: One-year replacement in case of any manufacturing defects
- The screen holes are smaller than the glass diameter, allowing coffee granules to fall outside the filter.
The InstaCuppa French Press is excellent for individuals seeking a quick brew coffee. It has a 4-part microfiltration system that helps to keep the coffee granules out of your coffee drink so you can enjoy a smooth taste.
- 4-Part Micro Filtration System
- Premium Grade Borosilicate Glass
- Heat Resistant Handle
- BPA Free
- Measuring Marking on the glass
- Dishwasher Safe and Easy to Clean feature
|Item Weight||600 Grams|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||12 x 10 x 21 Centimetres|
- Portable and No electricity needed
- Stylish and elegant
- It has precise measuring lines to make the appropriate quantity of coffee.
- 4-in-1 Use: Pitcher, Milk frothing, loose-leaf brewer and espresso/coffee maker
- With Warranty: 1-year warranty against all manufacturing defects
- Even with a few coffee grains, the coffee is not satisfactory.
- The glass is fragile, and consumers have complained about cracks and breakage.
The Morphy Richards Fresco 800-Watt 4-Cups Espresso Coffee Maker can quickly and easily create fresh, excellent espresso for you and your family. The espresso tastes just like that from Starbucks or Cafe Coffee Day.
- It’s capable of frothing milk for four cups of coffee.
- The grip is both heat-resistant and drip-free.
- The transparent carafe allows the coffee to be seen.
- The temperature indicator helps display the temperature.
- Power: 800 watts; Operating voltage: 210-250 volts
|Human Interface Input||Buttons|
|Item Weight||3.1 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||22.2 x 28 x 35.2 Centimetres|
- Looks elegant and stylish
- Efficient espresso machines
- A capacity of about 4-6 cups
- Perfect milk frothing
- The drip tray is accessible
- With warranty: 2 years on product
- No temperature control
- It’s best to froth the milk in a cup or pitcher because the machine is too small.
If you want well-cooked, filtered coffee and have the patience to wait for it, the Preethi Dripcafe Coffee Maker is an excellent choice. Because it’s a drip cafe, preheating the ground coffee will take a few minutes longer than filtering it.
- Concealed 450W heating element for faster Brewing
- Microfine filter for pleasing decoction
- High-quality heat-resistant plastic
- Sturdy stainless steel jar
- Accurate temperature control and heat-sensitive thermal fuse
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||26.5 x 22.5 x 16.5 Centimetres|
- Produces fine and good quality coffee
- Fast Brewing, pleasing decoction
- The machine keeps decoction warm while on
- With Warranty: One year on product
- Outdated design
- Plastic doesn’t look durable
Are you looking for a coffee machine without any of the fuss? The Philips HD7431/20 760-Watt Coffee Maker is that choice in this list. It’s a primary coffee maker that can produce up to 7 cups of delicious brewed coffee. It comes with the AromaSwirl nozzle, which ensures that all of your filter coffee is equally mixed. After you’re done, it’ll be time to make some fantastic coffee!
- It has an AromaSwirl nozzle that distributes fragrance effectively.
- Features a drip-stop mechanism that cuts off coffee brewing when you stop it.
- Non-slip power switch with illuminated ON/OFF button
- Up to 7 cups capacity
- Space saver design
|Item Weight||1.18 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19.8 x 21.8 x 29 Centimetres|
- Dishwasher safe parts and easy to clean model
- It comes with a built-in washable filter
- With Warranty: 2 years on product
- Brewing time is 10 mins, relatively more prolonged than others
- Quick filtration, so don’t expect thick decoction
If you’ve been searching for a way to make lots of coffee cups at once, this is a beautiful discovery! 2 litres is a lot of coffee or tea servings in the HELICON Strong Stainless Steel Body Tea and Coffee Maker Electric Kettle. This stainless steel electric kettle has a cordless design and an auto shut-off function.
- A beautiful stainless steel body that complements any style of kitchen
- A large outlet for a kettle that is best used to make hot beverages
- Lockable Lid for additional safety when boiling.
- 360-degree rotating base
- The device has an automatic shut-off function that prevents overheating from causing damage.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||19 x 14 x 21 Centimetres|
- It’s best for holding more than 6 cups of coffee or tea.
- Quick and straightforward boiling for instant preparations
- Cordless and with an ergonomic handle for portability
- The automatic shut-off feature gives you more focus on doing something else
- With warranty: 1 year
- Best for instant coffees and teas only
- Not for coffee grounds
- 1500 watts high electric consumption
If you’re searching for an electric kettle, Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body is another fantastic choice. It has a capacity of 1.5 litres and is ideal for serving many people. If instant coffee, tea, or chocolate are your favourites, an electric kettle is the best way to make them.
- 1.5 Litre capacity
- Elegant handles with one-touch Lid locking for safety while boiling
- When the temperature rises above the specified levels, it automatically shuts off electricity.
- Concealed heating element for fast boiling
- Optimal spout design for easy pouring
- Cordless Pouring
|Package Dimensions ||20 x 18 x 17.5 Centimeters|
|Date First Available ||14 August 2019|
|Item model number||Amaze Plus 1.5 Ltr|
|Item Weight||656 g|
- Elegant stainless design to suit any kitchen
- Big capacity to serve more than just 6 cups
- Auto shut-off feature prevents overboiling
- Portable and easy to lift design
- No warranty on the product
- 1500 W electric consumption too high for regular use
The Morphy Richards New Europa is a coffee maker that makes you feel like a professional Barista. It’s designed for both commercial and residential use. It isn’t simply a coffee machine designed to brew and make espresso; it’s also a Drip machine that produces cappuccino and latte. If you enjoy creating your cappuccino and latte, this is one of the alternatives to consider.
- It comes with an 800-watt motor for optimal functionality
- It has a Turbo Cappuccino Nozzle for a satisfactory froth
- It has a removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- It has a coffee strength selector best for selective taste-buds
- It comes with stainless steel cup filter, no waste paper filters
- It can make up to 4 cups of coffee
- It has to overheat protection for safety
|Human Interface Input||Buttons|
|Item Weight||2850 Grams|
- Professional look
- Not just an ordinary brewing coffee maker
- Anti-slip feet and safety features like overheat protection are available.
- Best for cappuccino and latte lovers
- With warranty: 2 years on products
- Dedicated for cappuccino and latte making besides brewing
- A bit pricey for added features
A well-known kitchen appliance firm, Prestige, has developed a drip coffee maker for coffee drinkers! This Prestige Coffee Maker has an anti-drip mechanism, sophisticated brewing technology, and an advanced design mesh filter to guarantee that your coffee tastes fantastic.
- Mesh filter and advanced brewing technology
- High-temperature environment Carafe made of glass with a water level indicator
- Non-slip feet with firm rubber legs for increased surface grip
- On/Off switch with illumination
- Mechanism to prevent dripping
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||14.5 x 19 x 24.5 Centimeters|
- The smooth and simple style fits any kitchen.
- A capacity of 6 cups
- Simple and easy to use
- Functional filter for effective decoction and simple maintenance
- Advanced brewing technology that good-tasting coffee
- With warranty: 1 year on product
- It doesn’t produce a thick or strong coffee
- Few reviews on anti-drip mechanism not working well
How do I choose a coffee maker for my home?– Buying Guide
There are several brands and models of coffee makers on the market. Coffee machines have also evolved in terms of smartness due to advancements in intelligent technology. Choosing the incorrect coffee maker might ruin your coffee and morning attitude.
When purchasing a coffee maker, it’s crucial to think about your needs first. It becomes simpler to choose between several options after you’ve determined which sort of Brewing you want and what type of machine is required. Later, when you’ve had a chance to examine other criteria such as capacity and others, you can determine which one is best for you. Let’s begin with the many coffee makers and brewing techniques available.
Different Types of Coffee Makers
Many coffee makers are available in India, including drip, single-serving, FrenPressess, percolators, espresso machines, and cappuccinos. To assist you in selecting the best one for your needs, we’ve outlined all there is to know about each type.
a. Drip Coffee Makers
This is the most popular coffee machine in Indian homes because it is far easier to use than others. Some modern drip coffee makers may also have a variety of settings, options, and adjustments, allowing you to brew your favourite blend (light, strong, plain, flavoured decaf or your preferred mix).
A tank chamber (for water) and a filter basket (to load coffee grinds) are included in automatic drip machines. Once you turn the machine on, hot water will flow through the coffee grounds into the pot (carafe). The duration of this process is usually 5-10 minutes, depending on how much water you have.
The technology of these machines is quite advanced, and they are designed for more significant portions. They can make up to 12 cups at once, which is fantastic for big parties. The upkeep expenses (filters change) are also reasonable. And the filters endure a long time before needing to be replaced.
Suitable For: People who like to make fast and bold coffee. For those that enjoy having their first cup of coffee before getting out of bed.
|Very easy to operate||It makes only basic coffee style, people who like espresso kind of coffee may not like it|
|Cost-effective to purchase||It makes coffee in large quantities, which can benefit some. While others may end up wasting the brewed coffee|
|Maintenance costs are low even if used daily|
|Several models, shapes, sizes and brands to choose from|
|You can customise the brew (light or strong) as per your requirement.|
b. Single-Serve Pod Coffee Makers
In the Indian market, these are new coffee makers. They may also be known as pod coffee makers since they utilise pods to make coffee. They come in various tastes and can be customised to your liking.
All you have to do is fill the machine with coffee pods, and a cup of coffee is ready in under a minute (some take less than a minute). These tiny appliances make them easy to store, even in smaller kitchen spaces with a remote counter area.
The price of a single-serve coffee maker is determined by its characteristics and brand. The initial investment is modest, but the overall running cost is significant because the coffee pods are primarily available online and prohibitively expensive in total.
Some of these contemporary appliances include the option of using ground coffee instead of pod capsules – but it may be time-consuming and require cleaning regularly.
Suitable for people who enjoy experimenting with new tastes and don’t like cleaning up after brewing coffee.
|Affordable price range||The cost can of coffee pods is expensive|
|Coffee pods are available in different flavours||Not environmental friendly as constant use of disposable cups can lead to a lot of plastic trash|
|Less wastage, if you want to drink 1 cup coffee at a time|
|Suitable for offices, as employees can brew coffee according to their taste.|
|It can be used to make tea if tea pods are used.|
|Easy to clean and operate|
c. Fresh Press Coffee Maker
This is a typical style of the coffee machine. Despite its low-tech appearance, it is pretty simple to operate and use. To collect the coffee grounds, fill the device with ground coffee and boiling water, then press the Lid to expel the coffee grinds to the bottom.
In contrast to other coffee makers, cafetières are inexpensive. Furthermore, maintenance costs are low since they don’t require filter replacements and use no electricity. French press coffee may not be perfect every time, especially if it isn’t brewed for a longer length of time. Loose grounds are sometimes visible in the coffee.
Some people may not have any problems with coffee quality, but it might not be the ideal choice for others.
Suitable For: Bachelors, for example, and those who want a cup of coffee on the road, at work, or during stay-overs.
|Most affordable option||Sometimes, you may observe ground floating on the coffee|
|Low maintenance costs||Timing is essential to get the right flavour, and not all of us can spend so much time in just coffee making|
|Very simple to use|
|It doesn’t require electricity or filters.|
d. Cappuccino and Espresso Machines
If you enjoy a strong cup of coffee, espresso is most likely your favourite taste. Espresso machines are commonly found in cafés and baristas, and it’s the most expensive and powerful coffee maker available in India. Even though this equipment produces lesser amounts, coffee will be more robust and flavorful.
A single espresso coffee machine, on the other hand, is capable of producing a variety of coffee beverages, such as macchiatos, lattes, cappuccinos, and others. The majority of espresso coffee machines sold in India only make one shot of espresso at a time, but some new models have two shots at once.
An espresso coffee maker has a variety of functions, including coffee pod accessibility, pressure pump, automated settings, temperature, water boiler, and a portafilter. When it comes to price, they always end up being more expensive, and it is well worth the money for individuals who enjoy having a substantial cup of coffee every day.
|They provide the best, strong and highest quality coffee||Most expensive coffee maker in the Indian market|
|You can make café like coffees like macchiatos, mochas, cappuccinos and lattes at home||Makes coffee in small qualities (a shot) compared to cup or pot|
|Stylish looking than other coffee makers|
|Very easy to use and operate|
Like electric coffee pots, this coffee maker uses a small chamber near the heat source to make coffee. They are available in various sizes, ranging from 4 cups to 30 cups, and they may be used on electricity or with a stovetop burner.
Different Types of Coffee Brewing Methods
Cappuccino, espresso, and other coffee brewing styles vary worldwide. Let’s establish a foundation on these brewing methods.
The most popular brewing technique to get a café -like an experience is pour-over. It’s essentially the basis for most coffee beverages you consume at Barista, Starbucks, and other cafés. Espresso machines allow you to control the taste of your coffee. Once you’ve mastered the espresso shot, it’s well worth your time. Although espresso Brewing might appear to be a difficult task, it’s straightforward once you get the hang of it. An espresso shot is made by putting 18 grams of ground coffee in hot water for 25-30 seconds.
The FrenPressess is a standard approach to brewing coffee. It takes little time and effort but provides a consistent rich black cup of coffee in no time. This technique is also much more straightforward and inexpensive than before.
c. Channi Coffee
The most popular beverage globally, this home method is quick and easy to make. You won’t find better café-style coffee than this at home. This espresso tastes a bit watery occasionally, but it may be remedied with extra ground coffee. For excellent channi coffee, you’ll need coarse grounds.
d. Moka Pot
This is the one for people who enjoy a robust coffee brew. They’re also known as stove pot brewing devices. It’s the most cost-effective and tiny way to obtain a concentrated dose of coffee. The only drawback is that – you’ll never be able to get the same taste twice. Sometimes, it may become too harsh.
Here are some of the most popular brewing equipment available today. It may also be used to make espresso. Inverting it produces an excellent filter coffee because it forms a seal with the ground coffee inside.
This brewing technique is prevalent among coffee drinkers and enthusiasts. You can achieve a fantastic cup of coffee using this approach, which lets you manage all four elements – dose, grind, temperature, and time.
g. Cold Brew
For individuals who prefer a less acidic and smoother coffee, cold Brewing is ideal. Simply fill a jar with coffee and water according to the directions. Allow it to steep overnight. Strain the liquid in the morning, and you’ll have a fantastic cup of cold brew coffee.
What Factors Should We Look for in a Coffee Maker?
There are several kinds of coffee machines on the market and various brewing methods and other variables, making the decision process a little tricky. We’ve put up a buying guide for coffee makers that contains all of the information needed to evaluate a device to address this issue.
1. Brew Capacity
You must choose a coffee maker that meets the amount of coffee you want to brew for your household. Coffee makers on the market range from single cups to family-sized carafes.
The single-cup brewing capacity is ideal for individuals who live alone or for a family where each person has a distinct taste preference. It’s also suitable for families where everyone has a different waking time.
A coffee maker with a large brewing capacity is ideal for prominent families or people who enjoy a lot of coffee. The maximum brew volume varies between 10 and 12 cups.
2. Timing or Frequency Brewing
The capacity of a coffee maker refers to the amount of coffee it can prepare in one go. Some people prefer to drink coffee at regular times throughout the day. As a result, a coffee maker must be capable of brewing numerous cups in a day. It must also maintain the temperature of coffee for at least a few hours if it produces a high-quality brew at a time.
If your family enjoys having coffee throughout the day, a thermal carafe eliminates the need for you to reheat it. A glass brewer with a warming plate is more than sufficient for those who only drink a cup of coffee in the morning.
A pod machine can be used to give a fast cup of coffee to those who don’t have time in the morning. You won’t have to worry about leaving this coffee maker on for an extended period with this espresso maker.
3. Flavour and Strength
Some family members may have different tastes in coffee, so choose a coffee maker that allows you to change the brewing strengths – such as a stronger or weaker cup. Even if you only want to make a simple cup of coffee, you can use these machines to brew any beverage imaginable, thanks to their wide range of options. Some coffee makers even can produce non-coffee beverages like whipped hot chocolate, tea, mocha or espresso.
4. Brewing Time
The taste of coffee is determined by how long the water remains in contact with the coffee grinds. The time spent in touch with the water in a drip machine is less than 5 minutes. However, the FrenPressess requires a contact period of 2 – 4 minutes. A quick shot, like a cappuccino, comprises 10 to 15 seconds of brewing time. The brewing duration for cold brew is about 12 hours. For a cup of lukewarm coffee in the morning, simply leave it to brew all night. See the product manual for additional information on the product’s brewing time according to your taste preferences.
Even if you follow the steps, if you don’t like the result’s flavour, there are two possibilities:
- Over-extracting – Too long brewing time
- Under-extracting – Too short brewing time
If you’re satisfied with the taste, try lowering or extending the brew time (a little shorter or longer than recommended) to achieve the ideal flavour balance.
5. Heating Plate
The majority of coffee machines have heating plates, in which a carafe sits. However, if you enjoy sipping coffee over several hours, allowing it to stay on the hot plate for so long might create a harsh and burnt flavour. If that’s the case, keep an eye out for machines with adjustable temperature controls or a stainless steel carafe.
6. Customised Brewing Options
Aside from that, most basic coffee makers don’t have any advanced characteristics. Some contemporary and refined coffee makers feature a variety of settings, such as brew strength, water temperature, and brew style. However, primary coffee machines are less expensive than high-end coffee making equipment.
When it comes to carafes, looks are all that matters. The majority of the carafes are available in three materials: thermal, stainless steel, and glass. Glass carafe allows you to view how much coffee has been brewed and keeps it warm for around 20 minutes. Stainless steel and thermal carafes keep the coffee hot for about an hour. The glass carafe may be put in the dishwasher for cleaning, but others must be hand washed.
8. Size of Coffee Machine
This element has no impact on the coffee’s flavour. However, if your new coffee machine doesn’t fit into your kitchen correctly, it might be an issue.
Measure your mug, including where you’ll put it, whether it has top open mode and so on. Single-serve machines can quickly handle your cups rather than a carafe. However, if the cup is more significant than the average size, it may not fit.
9. Water Temperature Settings
An adequately heated coffee has a temperature of between 195° and 205°F. Some coffee makers can over or under-boil the coffee, resulting in bitterness or flavour loss. Coldwater may cause under-extraction and a bland coffee flavour, while too hot water can have a harsh taste.
Some coffee makers allow you to adjust the water temperature to prevent over-extraction. Choose a slightly lower temperature than the recommended one if you’re using single-serve or espresso coffee makers.
Coffee machines such as percolators and French-presses lack sophisticated features. As a result, you must manually regulate the water temperature to avoid boiling. Before adding ground coffee, we recommend leaving the boiling water for a few minutes. The ideal temperature for this purpose is 140°F.
Do you enjoy making coffee every day? Do you prefer hands-free coffee preparation? Is the coffee ready when you wake up, or do you want to have it waiting for you in the morning as you wake up? Electric coffee makers with timer settings may prepare your drink before you awake.
Automatic coffee makers are simple to use, but they need some care. You can, nevertheless, operate a few buttons and enjoy the coffee. However, if you truly appreciate the entire making process of coffee, FrenPressess and gas stoves, espresso pots are ideal.
11. Ease of Maintenance
Maintaining your coffee maker is critical since calcium build-up and coffee residue might reduce its life span and flavour. In a coffee machine, look for detachable, dishwasher safe components. Check out reviews of individuals who have used it to see if any parts must be hand-washed by the manufacturer. They may tell you whether it’s easy or difficult to clean them.
The Descale function is standard in all coffee machines sold in India, de-scales calcium deposits on the carafe and internal machinery. This function may be beneficial if you’re too busy or don’t want to clean your machine.
If you don’t have time to clean up after each cup of coffee, single-serve or pod machines are a better choice — they create no mess since all you have to do is throw out the old pod and insert a new one to brew.
Important Note: To get ideal coffee, every coffee machine must be descaled once a week.
12. Ease of Use
Many coffee makers have lids that open vertically instead of horizontally. If there isn’t much room between the kitchen counter and cupboards, this sort of coffee maker may be challenging to use — because you won’t be able to open them fully. Finally, make sure the coffee maker you pick is suitable for the space in your kitchen. Choose a coffee machine with dishwasher-friendly components if you don’t like hand washing utensils.
13. Additional Features
There are other coffee-making features beyond the essential functions like Brewing for a specific length of time, auto-shutoff, keeping warm, or thermal carafe to keep the coffee hot.
A few high-end coffee makers also have audible signals that notify you when the process is finished, among other things. High-end machines include intelligent functions such as bean grinding and milk frothing.
We’ve covered a comprehensive list of current coffee machine features mentioned previously.
- Built-in Coffee Grinder: If you choose this option, you’ll be able to use freshly ground beans. Of course, if you buy a coffee grinder on your own, it will not include one.
- Auto-Shut Off: It’s typical for us to forget a few things, including turning off the coffee maker, during the early morning office rush. You may use this convenient function to guarantee that the coffee pot is switched off, conserving money on your power bills.
- Water Filter: Some of these bags include built-in water filtration systems, ideal if you stay in areas with poor water quality.
- Pause and Serve: Some coffee machines enable you to remove the carafe and fill the cup without making a mess. Also, if you dip in after just two cups of coffee have brewed, you’ll get an unpleasant, intensely flavoured brew.
- Self-Serve: These machines filter the coffee and store it within them, do not dispense it into a cup or carafe. You may fill the cup straight from the machine to keep the coffee warm for longer.
- Is a coffee machine worth buying?
An excellent family coffee maker is typically well worth the money. You’ll not only be saving more money on each cup than if you purchased at a coffee shop, but it’s also quicker and easier than going to your local coffee shop.
- Do automatic coffee machines make good coffee?
Super-automatics are fantastic espresso machines, but much upkeep goes along with them. Making coffee is a filthy process, and these devices do their utmost to hide the mess, but they can only conceal it for a short time.
- Does an expensive coffee maker taste better?
It’s worth the money to get an excellent coffee machine. A more oversized brew head distributes the ground coffee more evenly, resulting in a better extraction rate and taste.
- How long does a coffee maker last?
The average lifespan of a decent coffee maker is around five years, and the machine may last up to ten years if you maintain it properly by cleaning and descaling it regularly. On the other hand, some coffee makers can endure for up to ten years.
- What is the best way to make coffee?
It’s the most user-friendly of all the manual coffee processes: Simply combine ground coffee with hot water and stir. After a few minutes, plunge the filter into the brew to remove the grounds. Because this technique produces a fuller-bodied cup than standard filter coffees, it is one of the most popular.
Editor’s Choice- Which Coffee Maker is the best?
Morphy Richards Europa Espresso / Cappuccino is the best coffee maker. Its features include a strength selector, turbo steam nozzle, steam power selection, and heat-resistant carafe.
If you’re a coffee addict and can’t conceive of your day without a cup, then a coffee maker is an asset. Coffee in the morning may either make or ruin your day. Hope this article helped!